Audi Car Forums


Reply
 
AD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-17-2011
On May 16, 3:32 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> I am unimpressed by them. Yes, I know they handle well and the 3L
> turbo engine is very sweet, but....... I *was* impressed with the M5 I
> drove a few years ago. Plus, I do not like the styling of any of the
> BMWs, both inside and out.
>

It looks like 5xx series is the guinea pig for bmw.
First they killed it with the motherboard. And now the styling.
Unlike you I don't mind the looks as much as the visions
of high electric repair bill looming in the future.
That and the electric steering in the latest incarnation.
The steering feel is gone and i could foresee the exodus of the
faithful.

> This is my sixth Audi. I have been very happy with every one of them.
> Why change? d;o)
>

variety
It's only a question of time before 750 will be butchered with
electric steering
and I take it you are not a big fan of "ever so slightly used"
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
D. LaCourse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-17-2011
On 2011-05-17 03:32:29 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> On May 16, 3:32 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>> This is my sixth Audi. I have been very happy with every one of them.

>
>> Why change? d;o)
>>

> variety


Mmmmmmmm.......Nahhh! Methinks I will stay with women and Audis. d;o)



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
D. LaCourse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-17-2011
On 2011-05-17 03:27:38 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> On May 17, 2:06 am, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> The seats in this car are fantastic. On my way home from fly fishing
>> today, I discovered by accident the massage feature on the seats. I
>> can see where this would be a good thing on a long trip. I knew the
>> featur was there, but I pooh-poohed it, thinking it is just another
>> gimmick. Not so.
>>

> Are controls for the massager buried somewhere in the depth of MMI
> menus? :^)
> You reminded me of my boss a decade ago: the guy hated the manuals
> and liked to find how things worked by experimenting with them.


I was reaching for the seat positioning (forward/backward) and pushed
on the bolster/massage button by mistake. At that moment a menu choice
appeard on the screen for what kind of massage and where.


>> When I arrived home I experimented with the bolster feature. Pretty
>> neat where it extends the seat under your knees for more support.
>>
>> I am going to enjoy this car!
>>

> Good for you. I take it RS6 is sitting idly getting more and more
> jealous.
> When I sat in A8 the feeling was that I was more of a inserting
> into the seat than planting myself into A6. It was an odd feeling
> of being plugged. I mean it in a good sense.
>
> Did you check the insurance rates for other cars on your shortlist?
> (I vaguely remember A8 was not the cheapest to ensure in the US a
> decade ago
> compared to the beemer 7xx, benz S class, etc).


No. My rate increased about $200/year compared to that of the rs6,
while the rs6 a little more than my wife's RX350.


 
Reply With Quote
 
AD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-18-2011
On May 17, 2:36 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2011-05-17 03:32:29 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > On May 16, 3:32 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> >> This is my sixth Audi. I have been very happy with every one of them.

> >
> >> Why change? d;o)

>
> > variety

>
> Mmmmmmmm.......Nahhh! Methinks I will stay with women and Audis. d;o)


So babe magnet wise which of the two works better and what kind of
women each one picks up?

----
Borat: I want to have a car that attract a woman with shave down
below.
Car Dealership owner: Well that would be a Corvette. Or a Hummer.
[starts showing Borat cars]
Car Dealership owner: We'll try to help you out here.
Borat: A man yesterday, tell me if I buy a car I must buy one with a
pussy magnet.
Car Dealership owner: He means a car that women like.
Borat: Yes, but where do you keep this magnet?
Car Dealership owner: [interrupts] No. There's no magnet he just means
the vehicle. Women love the Hummers.
Borat: Do this have a pussy magnet?
Car Dealership owner: No. The vehicle itself would be a magnet.
Borat: If I give you good price, will you please put in pussy magnet?
Car Dealership owner: Yeah but there's no-there's no such thing in
this country as a-as a magnet.
Borat: If this car drive into a group of gypsies, will there be any
damage to the car?
Car Dealership owner: It depends on how hard you hit them and all
that.
Borat: *Hard*
Car Dealership owner: You might-if somebody rolls on the windshield,
they could crack your windshield.
Borat: How fast do I need to go to guarantee I kill them?
Car Dealership owner: Uh-let me tell you something with this vehicle
here probably doing 35-45 miles per hour will do it.
Borat: Great! When I uh, buy my wife, at the start she was uh, cook
good, her vazh´n work well, and she strong on plow. But after three
years when she was fifteen, then she become weak, her voice become
deep: BORAT BORAT, eh, she receive hair on chest, and vazh´n hang like
sleeve of wizard.
Car Dealership owner: Huh-Jesus...
Borat: How do I know that this will not happen with the car?
Car Dealership owner: Chevrolette guarantees you that with a warranty.
Borat: I like-a very much buy this Hummers, how much is it?
Car Dealership owner: Fifty-two thousand.
Borat: I am looking for something between um, six-hundred to uh... six-
hundred and fifty dollars.
Car Dealership owner: We don't have any cars for six-fifty that you
can buy. I might be able to sell you a wholesale car, a car with a lot
of miles for seven-hundred with no warranty.
 
Reply With Quote
 
D. LaCourse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-18-2011
On 2011-05-18 04:42:56 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> On May 17, 2:36 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 2011-05-17 03:32:29 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>
>>> On May 16, 3:32 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>
>>>> This is my sixth Audi. I have been very happy with every one of the

> m.
>>>
>>>> Why change? d;o)

>>
>>> variety

>>
>> Mmmmmmmm.......Nahhh! Methinks I will stay with women and Audis. d;

> o)
>
> So babe magnet wise which of the two works better and what kind of
> women each one picks up?
>


<smile> I drove my wife's RX350 to town one day. I had our golden
retriever Henry in the passenger's seat, his head out the window and
his red bandana flapping in the breeze (along with his ears). At every
stop light I was approached by many young ladies wanting to "touch
him". <smile> The dog did the trick, not the car.

If you need a car to attract women, chances are you have a small dick.
I have a beautiful wife, highly educated, and 17 years my junior. You
do the math. <BIG smile>

Dave


 
Reply With Quote
 
AD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2011
On May 18, 3:03 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2011-05-18 04:42:56 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>
>
> > On May 17, 2:36 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> On 2011-05-17 03:32:29 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>
> >>> On May 16, 3:32 pm, D. LaCourse <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
> >>>> This is my sixth Audi. I have been very happy with every one of the

> > m.
> >>>
> >>>> Why change? d;o)

>
> >>> variety

>
> >> Mmmmmmmm.......Nahhh! Methinks I will stay with women and Audis. d;

> > o)

>
> > So babe magnet wise which of the two works better and what kind of
> > women each one picks up?

>
> <smile> I drove my wife's RX350 to town one day. I had our golden
> retriever Henry in the passenger's seat, his head out the window and
> his red bandana flapping in the breeze (along with his ears). At every
> stop light I was approached by many young ladies wanting to "touch
> him". <smile> The dog did the trick, not the car.
>
> If you need a car to attract women, chances are you have a small dick.
> I have a beautiful wife, highly educated, and 17 years my junior. You
> do the math. <BIG smile>
>

I'm in a slightly different boat. My first wife was 14 years my junior
and 9 or 10 by american standards.
Never really gotten into her head, heart or both so I had to ditch
her,
unfortunately.

The second one is 18 years my junior and is not quite in the same
category with looks. But we are compatible in the horizontal dances.
I hope I'll stop on this one but I suspect it's not quite that easy

I was yanking your chain, btw, as, I thought, would be apparent
from the relevant borat quote.

I liked RX300 when it came up but the rear slit was getting
shorter (330) and shorter yet (350) so not my cup of tea entirely.
I suspect both audis of yours have better visibility in all directions
with RS6 having an edge. Did you get dismayed by Q5
reliability or you just had no say in this car selection with your
wife
calling the shots?

I'm a week or two away
from reuniting with the A4 I bought. Last time
I checked the cargo ship had sailed out of its homeland and was
somewhere in
the North Sea.

As for the dog, I'd love to get a german shepherd, but
keeping anything of that size in an apartment is nothing short of
sadism. An animal needs space. Lots of it.

As for a retriever, I have to find where ducks are outside the city
bounds first
Still, it's probably an active little beast that needs to play outside
also.
 
Reply With Quote
 
D. LaCourse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-19-2011
On 2011-05-19 02:37:27 -0400, AD <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> I was yanking your chain, btw, as, I thought, would be apparent
> from the relevant borat quote.


d;o) No! Really? d;o)
>
> I liked RX300 when it came up but the rear slit was getting
> shorter (330) and shorter yet (350) so not my cup of tea entirely.
> I suspect both audis of yours have better visibility in all directions
> with RS6 having an edge. Did you get dismayed by Q5
> reliability or you just had no say in this car selection with your
> wife
> calling the shots?


I buy all the cars in the family. She likes the RX350. It carries all
sorts of sod, pine needles, mulch, tools, manure, etc. It is more of a
farm implement than an suv,
>
> I'm a week or two away
> from reuniting with the A4 I bought. Last time
> I checked the cargo ship had sailed out of its homeland and was
> somewhere in
> the North Sea.
>
> As for the dog, I'd love to get a german shepherd, but
> keeping anything of that size in an apartment is nothing short of
> sadism. An animal needs space. Lots of it.
>
> As for a retriever, I have to find where ducks are outside the city
> bounds first
> Still, it's probably an active little beast that needs to play outside
> also.


Good luck with your A4. Great car - it's an Audi!

Dave



 
Reply With Quote
 
D. LaCourse
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-24-2011
My wife and I drove from northern Georgia to New England on Sat and
Sun. 1100 miles, 16 hours driving time (17 hours timewise). I kept a
close eye on the mpg, and at one point, for about 100 miles, the A8L
got 30.2 mpg. I ended the 1100 miles trip with 29.1 mpg! Pretty good
for a car with a back seat as big as a pool room! The 8 speed xmsn and
reduction in weight are responsible for the good mileage.

The 372bhp engine also gave good performance. When I needed it, the
big white monster would giddy-up quite nicely. With massaging seats
(both driver/passenger), separate heat/cool controls, Serius radio, and
very good isolation from road noise, it was the easiest 1100 mile trip
we've ever taken. Although the A8L can not compare to the RS6 for pure
brute force, it handled the road very well, almost as good as the RS6,
but with a much more refined and comfortable ride.

Now I have to figure out how to get my mountain bike to Maine for
vacation. It's not going to fit in the trunk (it did on the RS6 with
the seats down). Maybe I can get it in the "pool room."

Dave




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 AM.